The goal of the Association is to promote better health care for the citizens of Alabama as it is affected by the provision of health science information resources and services.
The objectives of ALHeLA are:
- To promote the sharing of health science information resources and services in Alabama.
- To provide consultant services to developing Alabama health science libraries.
- To promote the interests of Alabama health science libraries and library personnel.
- To strenghten the professional skills of Alabama health information personnel by providing opportunities for continuing education.
- To facilitate communication among Alabama health library personnel through a program of publications.
- To convene an annual conference and business meeting of the members of the Association.