of the ALHeLA Achievement Award is to honor an individual
for outstanding service to ALHeLA or to the medical library
The candidate has made significant contributions to ALHeLA or the medical librarianship
through service, leadership or research.
- The ALHeLA Achievement Award Committee shall be the Executive Committee.
- Requests for nominations shall be published in the Synapse. Letters
of nomination should be sent to the president and must be received by the
deadline given in Synapse.
- The Executive Committee members are excluded from nomination for the award
- The Committee shall review the nomination petitions and make the selection.
- The award may be given annually, but is not necessarily given each year.
ALHeLA reserves the right not to grant this award based on the decision of
the judges. The award shall be presented at the ALHeLA Annual Meeting.