Lynn Fortney Librarian Award
Formerly named the Scholarship for Librarians with Limited Institutional Support, the award recipient will receive funding for conference registration, travel, and hotel stay at the ALHeLA annual meeting
Robert Avant Student Award
Award for library school student living in Alabama or attending the University of Alabama SLIS to attend ALHeLA annual meeting and an associated continuing education opportunity
ALHeLA Achievement Award
The purpose of the ALHeLA Achievement Award is to honor an individual for outstanding service to ALHeLA or to the medical library profession.
The candidate has made significant contributions to ALHeLA or the medical librarianship through service, leadership or research.
- The ALHeLA Achievement Award Committee shall be the Executive Committee.
- Requests for nominations shall be published in the Synapse. Letters of nomination should be sent to the president and must be received by the deadline given in Synapse.
- The Executive Committee members are excluded from nomination for the award during term.
- The Committee shall review the nomination petitions and make the selection.
- The award may be given annually, but is not necessarily given each year. ALHeLA reserves the right not to grant this award based on the decision of the judges. The award shall be presented at the ALHeLA Annual Meeting.